Monday, March 4, 2013

Crochet Infinity Scarves


Vivienne Burgundy infinity scarf

How to crochet infinity scarves:
Worked in rounds, upwards.
Ch the number needed to achieve desired circumference. This depends on how many "wraps" you want for your scarf. I usually ch around 140 or 150.
Join ch, careful not to twist.
Work stitches (hdc, sc, or dc) across and you can join at the end of each round with a slip stitch, or just continue around in a spiral for a seamless loop.
Join at the end of the last round (# rounds depend on desired width).


I'm finding that I am really fad-functional. This means that I usually get into something and that something consumes my attention for a while, until I move onto the next fad.
As of late, even with spring just around the corner, I have been really feeling the whole infinity scarf thing. They are just so lovely and versatile. Not to mention they are really appealing in photographs. 

An infinity scarf is just a scarf that is connected into a circle. I think they are appealing because they don't have any detestable ends sticking out in nether-regions. It's a nice finish all around. Also, I think because it's much easier to wrap around one's neck than a standard rectangular long scarf. 

So, here are a few I've just finished making and posted in my Etsy shop.







2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely beautiful! I have been making long infinity scarves since September and have finally my request are for scoodies (infinity scarf with hats attached). Keep up the beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leshia!! I have been meaning to get into scoodies too. Do they take a lot longer to make?

      Delete

I would love to hear your comment :)
Have a wonderful day!